Welcome to Waltons New School of Music
‘…a centre for all sorts of musical activity…and all this while promoting excellence…’
– Irish Times
Founded in 1994 and located in Dublin city centre, the New School is a comprehensive music centre, combining expert tuition for students of all ages and skill levels – and in the broadest range of instruments and subjects of any school in Ireland – with innovative approaches to music education.
The New School is on Mid-Term Break this week (18 – 22 February).
Our main website is divided into the following sections:
- About Us includes general information on the New School: our mission statement, calendar and events pages, faculty biographies, testimonials about the school and our teaching, policies, etc.
- Tuition Catalogue includes all of the tuition offered at the New School itself (as opposed to our external activities – see below).
- Enrolment • Fees includes all of our enrolment and booking forms, as well as tuition fees for lessons and ensembles at the school. (Tuition fees for group courses are listed on individual web pages.)
- Other Information • Activities includes information on our annual scholarship competition, school concerts, practice facilities, student benefits, etc.
- FAQs includes pages with frequently asked questions about the New School, music education, grade exams, etc.
In addition, our external activities include:
- An extensive Outreach Programme, providing workshops and longer-term music courses for schools, youth centres and special needs organisations.
- A Music at Work Programme, providing convenient and affordable music courses in Dublin-area workplaces.
- The Waltons World Masters Series, which has brought to Ireland some of the world’s most extraordinary musicians and performing groups.
- The Waltons Music for Schools Competition, a national competition and celebration of music in Irish schools.
Since no website can answer all of your questions, we are happy to do so. Feel free to get in touch through our Contact Us form, by phone or in person.