at Waltons New School of Music
Looking for the perfect gift for someone who loves music? New School gift certificates and gift cards offer a range of possibilities.
Click on the tabs for more information on gift certificates
and gift cards, as well as suggested gift ideas.
Gift Certificates, individually printed with the recipient’s name, can cover entire courses , terms of private (one-to-one) lessons, single Intensive Lessons or Irish Music Tasters at Waltons New School of Music. See our Tuition Catalogue for more information on tuition available at the New School.)
Purchasing Gift Certificates
To purchase a Gift Certificate, simply complete a Gift Certificate Booking Form, and we will be in touch. You can pick up the Gift Certificate from the school office, or we can post it either to you or to the recipient (a €2.50 postage & handling fee applies).
Booking Tuition after Receiving a Gift Certificate
Except for group courses where a place is already reserved for the recipient by the giver, a gift certificate does not guarantee a place on our private lesson timetable or on a group course. The recipient should contact the New School office – (01) 478 1884 – at his/her earliest convenience, in order to book the lessons/course. Space is limited on group courses and bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis. If the recipient is taking private lessons, he/she will be asked to choose from the places available on our timetable. Scheduling of private lessons will depend on available time slots with the most suitable teacher(s). Scheduling of new Second and Third Term enrolments takes place no earlier than two weeks before the start of term. Should no suitable places be available on group courses or on our private lesson timetable, the recipient can choose either to take private lessons in another instrument or another course, or take his/her lessons/course at a later date. Booking of Intensive Lessons and Irish Music Tasters is subject to teacher availability.
Terms & Conditions
- A gift certificate entitles the recipient to the specified number of private lessons, intensive lessons, Irish music tasters, group course, workshop or ensemble and is valid for one calendar year from date of purchase.
- A gift certificate does not guarantee the recipient a place on our private lesson timetable or in a particular group course, workshop or ensemble, and he/she will need to formally enrol at the school after receiving the gift certificate.
- Should no suitable places be available on our private lesson timetable or in a particular group course, workshop or ensemble, the recipient can choose either to take lessons in another instrument or another course, workshop or ensemble, or to take his/her tuition at a later date.
- Gift certificates have no cash value and may be redeemed only for the specified lessons, course, workshop or ensemble, or tuition of equivalent value.
Questions about Gift Certificates?
Electronic Gift Cards can be purchased from the New School office and used by the recipient towards all lessons, courses and workshops taught at Waltons New School of Music, as well as towards instruments, sheet music and accessories from Waltons Music. They might be used to help defray the cost of lessons or given along with a course to purchase sheet music or to help purchase an instrument. Gift cards come in an attractive presentation folder, on which you can include your own personal message.
Purchasing Gift Cards
You can purchase gift cards directly from the school office or have them delivered to you or the recipient. To order a gift card, please email or phone us with your name, address (and the recipient’s address if you would like the card sent directly), telephone number, credit/Laser card details and the amount. There is a €2.50 postage and handling charge for sending out gift cards.
Using Your Gift Card
Using your gift card is easy. Simply present it when making a purchase at Waltons New School of Music or Waltons Music, and the amount on the card will be deducted from your purchase price. If your purchase total is less than the value remaining on your gift card, the balance remaining will be available on your card for future purchases. If your purchase total is higher than the value remaining on your gift card, you can pay the balance by cash or credit/Laser card.
You can top up your gift card at Waltons New School of Music or Waltons Music in Blanchardstown. Simply present your card at any till point and pay in the normal way.
Your current balance will be displayed on your receipt when you use the gift card to make a purchase at Waltons New School of Music or Waltons Music, or when you top it up. You can also check your current balance by presenting your card at any till point.
Terms & Conditions
- The minimum value of a gift card purchased from Waltons New School of Music is €25.
- Gift cards are valid only for tuition at Waltons New School of Music or purchases from Waltons Music.
- A gift card is not a credit, debit or cheque guarantee card.
- A gift card cannot be used to purchase additional gift cards, nor can the card (and any card balance) be exchanged for cash.
- If found, please return a lost gift card to Waltons New School of Music or Waltons Music in Blanchardstown.
- Neither Waltons New School of Music nor Waltons Music is liable for lost, stolen or damaged cards or any credit amounts on such cards. We reserve the right to issue another card for the balance of the original card at our discretion on production of your original receipt, but we are not responsible for funds used without your knowledge.
Questions about Gift Cards?
‘It would be great to do something special together.’
Most people are very busy with their day-to-day lives, and there isn’t a lot of time put Most people are very busy with their day-to-day lives, and there isn’t a lot of time put aside for each other. A shared Partner Lesson is an enjoyable and satisfying way to explore music together. Effective partner lessons have consisted of two friends, siblings, partners, husband and wife, parent and child, or even grandparent and grandchild. The ‘partners’ will motivate each other to improve – and the enjoyment will go well beyond the lessons as you practice and progress together!
‘But I haven’t played in years!’
Hundreds of mature students, starting instruments or returning to them after years (sometimes decades) away, currently study at the New School. See our Tuition Catalogue for more information.
‘I’d love to try something completely different.’
Designed for absolute beginners, our Introducing courses for adults and teens provide foundation tuition in several popular instruments, as well as singing and world drumming:
- 5-String Banjo
- Guitar for Adults
- Guitar for Teens
- Irish Fiddle
- Piano/Keyboard for Adults
- Singing for Adults
- Tin Whistle
- Violin for Adults
- World Drumming
‘I’d like to explore a different music genre.’
For those with some previous experience, we offer a range of intermediate courses, designed both to complement regular music study and to focus on specialised styles or genres. These include:
Voice • Singing
‘I want to give her something more lasting than the latest must-have toy.’
We offer both private (one-to-one) lessons and a range of group courses for children, including:
- Music for Me, our lively pre-instrumental programme (ages 3-4, 4-5 and 5-6)
- Move Your Feet & Sing to the Beat, a shorter pre-instrumental course (ages 3-4, 4-5 and 5-6)
- Introducing Guitar for Children (ages 6-8)
- Introducing Piano/Keyboard for Children (ages 6-8)
- Introducing Violin for Children (ages 6-8)
‘I’ve played/sung by ear all my life, but I wish I knew how to read music.’
Those new to music reading will find it surprisingly easy with Music Fundamentals I and II, our ten-week theory and musicianship courses. Sight Singing Made Easy, another ten-week course, combines essential music theory (treble and bass clefs, notes and note values, time signatures, frequently used terms and signs) with a practical approach to sight singing.
‘I know I have a song in me.’
Our acclaimed Songwriting Workshop will help you to develop your creative ideas – in any musical style – and turn them into finished songs. We also offer The Art & Craft of Songwriting workshop in our Summer Term.
‘Did you know that the entire album was recorded in her living room?’
Introducing Music Technology is an inexpensive, practical, hands-on course designed to teach absolute beginners how a PC and inexpensive home studio technology can be used to record and produce virtually anything at home. We also offer private and Intensive lessons in a range of music technology subjects.
‘I’d love to join an ensemble.’
We offer the following ensembles at the New School:
These are just some of the tuition options available at the New School. See our Tuition Catalogue for more.