We’re delighted to announce that the 2019 Waltons Music for Schools Competition Finalists Concert, taking place in the National Concert Hall on Tuesday, May 7th at 1 pm, will be live webcast on RTÉ Culture!
The Finalists Concert is the culmination of this year’s Music for Schools Competition. Performing groups from twelve schools (six primary and six post-primary), selected from schools all over Ireland that submitted entries this year, will perform before their peers, two distinguished adjudicators (Evelyn Grant and Dónal Lunny), a packed auditorium and many more people watching from around the country and abroad! At the end of the concert, the adjudicators will select six of the performing groups (three primary and three post-primary) to win First, Second and Third prizes in each category, as well as €2,000, €1,000 and €500 vouchers for musical instruments and equipment from Waltons Music Ireland.
The schools participating in this year’s Finalists Concert are:
- Bunscoil Loreto, Gorey, Co. Wexford
- Carrig National School, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
- Gaelscoil Moshíológ, An Chraobhach, Co. Loch Garman
- Scoil Nioclais Naofa, Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow
- St. John’s National School, Breaffy, Co. Mayo
- St. Mochta’s National School, Clonsilla, Dublin 15
- Borris Vocational School, Borris, Co. Carlow
- Coláiste Chill Mhantáin, Burkeen, Co. Wicklow
- Davis College, Mallow, Co. Cork
- Laurel Hill Secondary School, Limerick, Co. Limerick
- Pobalscoil Iosolde, Palmerstown, Dublin 15
- St. Joseph’s Secondary School, Rochfortbridge, Co. Westmeath
Produced by Waltons New School of Music and generously supported by RTÉ lyric fm, the Waltons Music for Schools Competition is a non-profit annual national event celebrating and supporting music in Irish schools.