at Waltons New School of Music
'Knowledge is not skill. Knowledge plus ten thousand times is skill.'
– Shinichi Suzuki
'If I don't practice one day, I know it; two days, the critics know it; three days, the public knows it.'
– Jascha Heifetz
No piano at home? Saxophone practice bothering the neighbours? Waltons New School of Music offers excellent facilities for music students and professional musicians alike. Our rooms are bright and spacious and our location central. All practice rooms include an acoustic or digital piano. Performing musicians from all over the world have used our facilities, including international singers performing in Opera Ireland and Wexford Festival productions, songwriters and instrumentalists, and small ensembles ranging from traditional groups to brass quintets to chamber choirs.
Tickets worth ten hours of practice time (and valid for one calendar year from date of issue) can be purchased for the following rates:
- Non-students: €80
- Currently-enrolled New School students: €50
Practice rooms may also be booked and paid for by the hour at the following rates:
- Non-students: €10
- Currently-enrolled New School students: €6
In addition to pianos, currently-enrolled New School students may also have the option of using other school instruments for practice, including drum kit, Irish harp, string instruments, guitars, etc. Please enquire regarding instrument availability.
Terms & Conditions
- All rooms are subject to availability and should be reserved in advance.
- All rentals are for acoustic (i.e., not amplified) instruments and/or piano and for practice/rehearsal only.
- Rooms may not be used for private music teaching.
- Rooms may be used for auditions or examinations (please contact us with your requirements and to get a quote).
- Although the school is open 10 am – 10 pm Monday – Thursday, 10 am – 8 pm Friday and 10 am – 6 pm Saturday, it is busiest in the late afternoon and evening on weekdays and all day Saturday, and there is limited availability at those times.
- The school is not responsible for lost or stolen practice tickets, which cannot be replaced.
- The school is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, including instruments.
Waltons New School of Music's largest classroom is also available as an intimate city-centre concert, recital or workshop venue (audience capacity: 45). The room can be hired on Saturday evenings, Sunday afternoons or Sunday evenings, and the hire fee includes use of New School practice room(s), subject to availability, a Yamaha chamber grand piano and receptionist at the door.
Saturdays 6.30 – 10 pm
Sundays 2 – 5.30 pm or 6.30 – 10 pm
Hire Fee: €150
To book this room, please contact Josephine Boyle with details of your event and any special requirements.
Located in Dublin city centre, Waltons New School of Music is a comprehensive music centre, combining music tuition of the highest standard with innovative approaches to music education. The New School offers tuition in the broadest range of instruments and subjects of any music school in Ireland, for students of all ages, levels and abilities.
Back to top